What you should know about online work from home jobs
Thanks to online work from home jobs, most college-going students, stay-at-home moms, and seniors are now able to earn extra bucks from the comfort of their homes. Students can continue attending their university regularly, stay-at-home moms can ensure they can take care of their kids and their home while continuing to earn, and seniors don’t have to sit empty post-retirement anymore. Although there is quite a lot of benefit of working from home, there are also certain myths that need to be cleared.
Below is some information regarding the common myths people have about online work from home jobs and some tips one can follow when working from home.
What are the common myths people have about online work from home jobs?
- People think you do a quarter of the work from home and get rich doing nothing. However, work is always the same, be it from an office building or your home.
- Work from home has its own challenges. People assume you have nothing to worry about and have people looking after your home chores.
- However, online work from home jobs have their own set of rules and regulations. There are deadlines to follow and quality of work which needs to be maintained.
- Most online work from home jobs pay you for the work you complete, unlike a job, where you are paid a monthly wage. Therefore, online work from home jobs do not have a fixed monthly income.
What are some tips to follow when working from home?
Although, working from home you do not have a nosy cubicle neighbor to irritate you nor are you micromanaged. However, there are certain tips that should be followed in order to make sure you are able to complete your job when working from home.
- Create a workspace, even when working from home. This could be ideally a secluded corner in your house, where you are least likely to be disturbed.
- Prepare a work schedule, taking into consideration your study time or time you need to take care of your children or cooking, etc.
- Take workload only as much as you are capable of completely. Do not take more work without being sure to be able to comfortably meet the deadline.
- Create a strong to-do list that you have to complete before a stipulated time period.
- Allocate break time for browsing social media. However, avoid social media completely while working, unless your job requires you to be active.
- Take short breaks for relaxing. Go for a short stroll or make yourself a cup of hot coffee.
- Try to start your day with a quick shower and by dressing well to make you feel prepped up to start working.
Are you really working sitting at home?
- Some managers believe in the sitting-in-front-of-desk system. Being in the seat when the boss arrives and being in the seat while they leave might be a criterion to think the employee is hardworking while the truth must be something else.
- The same employees who are considered hard working could be playing on their phones or browsing through social media apps or even loitering around on YouTube.
- If the employee does not produce the desired results, then he is sacked, whereas this micromanagement is not required when you work from home.
- So, even if you are not working in a office, it does not mean you are not working hard.
Can a self-startup job be considered work from home?
- You are your own boss when it comes to starting up an enterprise.
- You have to work really hard to get the productivity growing at least in a span of six months.
- Self-start-up jobs can be considered work from home until you expand your business enough to get yourself an office space.