What model to buy – Dodge Ram 2018 or 2019?
Way back in 1917, a company produced trucks that were characterized by Ram’s head hood ornament, a symbol that was employed from 1932 onward. Ram was a name that was later spun to build an exclusive car-based line with focused brand building and marketing activities. Since the establishment of the Ram brand in 2009 as a trunk brand division of the Chrysler Group, it has given full size competition to market space contenders like Ford, Chevrolet, and GMC.
The brand has been building vans and trucks ever since they are used for light, medium, and heavy duties. These vehicles are now known for a starting price point, considered as competitive in class, towing capacity that is exceptional, and great durability.
Thinking of buying a pickup truck? Want to know more about the new Dodge Ram and its cost? Here’s everything you want to know about the new Dodge Ram 2019 model.
How much will the new 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 cost?
- The new Dodge Ram cost is expected to be in the price range of $33,340 — $59,435.
- This is for the 2019 model.
What are the engine specifications of the new Dodge Ram?
- The engine offers a 6 cylinder setup with 3.6 L/220 displacement.
- The fuel induction is a Sequential MPI type.
- It churns out 305 horsepower at a maximum rpm of 6400.
- It’s able to generate 269 N torque at 4800 rpm.
- The turning radius is 46.2 feet.
- The capacity of the fuel tank is 26 gallons.
How do the tires and wheels look?
- It comes with a full size spare tire.
- The wheels are aluminum.
- It has a wheel base of 144.5 inches.
- The size of the front tire wheel is P275/65SR18 and that of the rear tire wheel is P275/65SR18.
What is the carrying capacity?
- It has a seating capacity of 6 passengers.
- It offers a head room of 40.9 inches for the front occupants and 39.8 inches for those seated in the rear.
- It can accommodate the occupants comfortably, with a leg space of 40.9 inches in the front and 45.2 inches, in the rear seats.
- The passengers can be seated in an ergonomically comfortable position with 66 inches of shoulder room in the front and 65.7 inches in the rear.
What are the dimensional details of the 2019 Ram 1500?
- The height is 77.5 inches.
- It is 82.1 inches wide.
- It has a towing capacity of 6550 lbs and a GVWR of 6900 lbs.
- It comes with a payload weight of 940 lbs.
How safe is the new 2019 Ram 1500?
- It comes with a standard child lock system, but child seat anchor is not available.
- A standard engine blocking is offered.
- Both the front and rear brakes are disc type with ABS.
- It comes with airbags on the driver and passenger sides for head protection and side impact protection. However, the rear protection airbag option is not available.
- The overall crash test ratings are good, with decent scores for the driver, front passenger, front side, rear side, and rollover crash tests.
If you have a fair idea about the yet-to-be-launched 2019 model and want to take another look at the current 2018 model, here’s a comparison.
What are the features and specifications offered in the 2018 Ram?
- Price: While the 2500 is priced in the range of $34,290 — $64,640, the new Dodge Ram 3500 costs between $35,590 and $65,740.
- Engine: Both get 8 cylinders that displace 6.4 L/392, with sequential MPI fuel induction.
- Output: While both get a 429 torque at 4000 rpm, the 2500 Ram generates 410hp at 5600rpm, and the 3500 generates 370hp at 4600rpm.
- Handling: With a fuel capacity of 31 gallons, the 2500 has a maximum turning radius of 43.9 feet and the Dodge Ram 3500 has 50.6 ft.
- Tires and wheels: Both get a full size spare tire made of aluminum and a wheel base of 160.5 inches; both the front and the rear tires are LT275/70SR18 in size.
- Dimensions: It measures 79.9 inches in height and 79.5 inches in width. Gets headroom of 41 inches in the front and 39.9 inches at the rear.
- Capacity: While both can accommodate 6 persons, the towing capacity of Ram 2500 is 12270 lbs and Ram 3500 is 12140 lbs.
- Safety features: With a 5-star rating for front and rear collision, both feel safe with the standard alarm system, child locks, engine blocking, ABS, and disc brakes in both front and rear and airbags for the driver, passenger, head protection, and side impact.