The need of internet phone service for businesses
Internet phone services allow you to replace your traditional landline phone with one that connects to the internet. A traditional phone works on a private network called Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). Internet phone service allows you to make a call using the internet. With internet phone services, your phone connects to the internet over your cable or DSL modem.
What does a business need to use an internet phone service?
- You need a reliable broadband Internet connection because your voice is converted into digital packets for communication.
- The telephony adapter (TA), which comes with the service, needs to be installed.
- You have to use a universal power supply or UPS to constantly use the internet phone service.
How does a cheap internet phone service benefit a small business?
- Low cost is one of internet phone’s primary benefits. You only need the internet connection or network to carry both voice and data, eliminating the need for a phone line.
- A business internet phone service provides a cheap and customized telecommunications package to meet your business needs without significant costs.
- Internet phone is a tool that makes telecommunication easier for you and for your employees. Those working from home or on the road will still have access to calling features as long as they have an internet network they can connect to.
- Internet phone can provide your business with a more integrated communication system.
What are the features and benefits that a cheap business internet phone service gives you access to?
Internet phone gives you access to a variety of features and benefits that you might not get from a traditional telephone service, some of which are as follows:
- Incoming phone calls are automatically sent to your internet phone wherever you connect it to the internet. You can take your business number with you when you travel.
- Internet phone enables you to access your phone system from your desktop computer when you are not near a handset.
- Employees can access internet phone from any place around the world that has a fast and stable internet connection.
- You can also choose to have your phone messages sent to your email inbox as text messages.
- You can also opt to have several phone numbers in different countries.
What are some basic features of business internet phone services?
Internet phone services provide traditional features such as the following for a business in addition to being available for cheap rates:
- Three-way calling
- Call waiting
- Caller ID
- Call forwarding
- Dial repeating
- Returning the last call
What are some advanced features of internet phone services?
A cheap business internet phone service can offer advanced features as well, such as these:
- Conference calling, which allows more than ten people.
- Handling voice, email, and fax with specialized software.
- Call queuing, which is the ability to put calls into queues to answer.
- Call center functions, which are features that can help a business operate a call center.
- With the find/follow features, the internet phone automatically connects calls to employees wherever they are located.
- Remote office features, which support satellite offices to operate as a distinct entity or as part of the main office.
- Handling of toll-free lines.
- Special phones that allow you to make calls as well as internet calls by connecting to a Wi-Fi access point. This has the potential of reducing your cell phone bill when you travel as you can use this phone over a hotel or the airport wireless network.
- With special equipment, you can make calls on your mobile computer or smartphone.
What are the limitations of a cheap business internet phone service?
Despite the significant benefits of an internet phone, it is important to be aware of its limitations:
- The strain on internal network: The driving factors, like whether your internet connection can handle both your data and internet phone calls, could be a dampener if not taken care of. Receiving a lot of internet calls can lead to hampering the ability to receive emails or use the internet.
- Potential sound quality problems: With the internet phone, there is the possibility of experiencing poor quality calls as compared to your traditional phone service. Problems such as breaks in the connection, transmission delays, voice drop, and in power outage may result in some internet phones not working.
- Access to emergency and information services: Not all internet services connect directly to emergency services, so you may have to connect with it separately.
- Security issues: An internet phone service, even though cheap for a business, does not have the same level of security as a traditional phone system. Key areas that need protection are the transfer of confidential or personal information and financial transactions.