How to choose a perfect set of living room furniture
Our home is where we return to after a hectic day at work. It is the one place where we can be ourselves and not worry about the world. Your home reflects your personality, thoughts, and passion. So, it is important you think about what you want to convey through it. Furniture play a primary role when you want to decorate your room as they help in setting the mood. Your living room furniture are what you should focus on the most as the living room is a window to your apartment.
So, here are some tips and hacks, which will help you choose the best living room furniture:
How much space do you have?
- Once you decide that you want to buy living room furniture, the first thing to do is to get an idea of how much space you want to allot to the furniture.
- This depends on your personal style and preference, as some might want to opt for the minimalistic approach while some might want to add a nice chunk of furniture in their living area.
- Make sure that you draw a rough floor plan and decide where you would want to keep your new furniture.
What is the budget you have allocated for the furniture?
- We know that this is not easy, especially when the salesperson is trying to persuade you that posh red velvet futon that will totally make your neighbors jealous. But if you do buy it, you might regret later.
- The best way to chart a fair budget is to start by buying the basic furniture and then if you still have money left to spend, you can invest in a good piece.
How do you focus on the aesthetics of the room?
- If you pick up furniture without giving much thought, you are sure to create a chaotic decor.
- So, the best thing to do is select a theme and then buy furniture, which complement each other and the theme.
What are the different styles you can choose for your living room furniture?
It might sometimes get quite overwhelming when it comes to choosing a theme for your living room and buying a matching set of furniture. So, to make you feel a little less clueless, here are some popular themes you can choose from:
- Minimalist living room furniture – Gone are the days when people loved stocking up their houses with massive furniture. Minimalist furniture is the new “it” thing in the home decor world. Buy a sectional sofa, a recliner chair, and add some coffee side tables and you are good to go.
- Bohemian furniture – If you long to set free your wild side and want an edgy look for your living room, then bohemian living room furniture will do the trick. All you need to do is paint your drawing room with a flamboyant color scheme and add some quirky, funky, and unconventional pieces to finish the look.
- Neoclassical – If you want to take some effort and make your living room furniture stand out, then go for the neoclassical theme. The neoclassical theme is all about elegance and luxury. Settle for a mild color scheme for the living room and pair it up with simple, dark, wood furniture. To complete the look, shop for some fancy vases, ornate wall paintings, and maybe some silk carpet to add to the stylish set up.
- Vintage – If history fascinates you and you always longed for a castle, vintage living room furniture should appeal to you. Decorate your living area with some vintage futons, teak antique chairs, a rustic looking entertainment unit, and a coffee table, which will remind you of the old eras.