You have worked hard this year and want to celebrate your achievements with some quality time off. Why not go on a cruise? All-inclusive cruises include everything you will need on your vacation as you travel to foreign destinations sailing on the high seas. The sun shining bright, feeling the cool breeze, a comfortable hammock, and a glass of Pina Colada, sounds tempting, isn’t it?
It doesn’t matter if you are a cruise veteran having sailed the seven seas or are planning to go on your first cruise, the booking experience can still be a daunting task. Since you will be investing a significant amount of money, you would expect quality service and a hassle-free experience.
To gain the best value for your money, consider the following points when you book an all-inclusive vacation.
What do you mean by the term all inclusive?
- Every cruise line has its own definition of the term all inclusive, thus creating a lot of confusion among first-time travelers
- An all-inclusive package will primarily include three full meals a day with snacks and beverages that can be ordered from time to time
- Some cruises include your airfare to travel to the port of call before embarking on the journey with transport options
- Pre and post-hotel stays in between various shore excursions will form part of an all-inclusive package
- Apart from the basic amenities, crew gratuities, and a few complimentary drinks, additional services are subject to extra charges
Does the port of call affect your cruise bookings?
- The port of call will entirely depend on which of the seven seas your plan to sail as the destinations will change accordingly
- The first port of call is your starting point from where a cruise will travel on a predefined route stopping at various destinations
- The cruise will feature different shore excursions at these destinations and you will have to complete your excursion within the given time
- However, a few popular options include the Mediterranean Sea, the European Rivers, the South Pacific Ocean, and even the Panama Canal
- Cruises on the Caribbean offer some of the best ports of call and exclusive shore excursions from Barbados to St. Thomas
What are the amenities offered under all-inclusive cruises?
- Entertainment is one of the most important amenities on any cruise
- While day excursions will keep you occupied, the cruise must offer entertainment at night that you enjoy all the time
- Ship amenities also include luxurious facilities like heated pools, private cabanas, walking tracks, and a gym
- The best cruise packages will offer basic amenities from Wi-Fi to premium services that may include additional charges
- Amenities will also include everything in your room as you will spend the night to rest and prepare for the next day of shore excursions
- Staterooms will be smaller than the premium cabins so you have to decide beforehand while booking the cruise package
Which are the most popular Caribbean cruise lines and packages?
- The Seabourn Odyssey is one of the best cruises to the Caribbean
- One of the best features of the Seabourn cruise line is the one is to one crew passenger ratio for top notch customer service
- Crystal Symphony is another great option for sailing to the Caribbean and offers excellent amenities for the price
- Viking Cruise line may have smaller ships but is a more destination-oriented cruise that takes you through some of the best ports of call in the Caribbean
- Regent Seven Seas Cruise line is another premium option that offers all-inclusive cruise packages
- Azamara Club Cruise, Silversea Cruises, and Oceania cruises are other popular alternatives you can consider booking
Tags – cruises, best cruise packages