A guide to electric cars
Are you planning to buy an electric car? Or do you want to know what all the fuss is about? Then you are in the right place. An electric car, which is also called an electric vehicle (EV) is a car that runs on a battery completely or it is a combination of the electric motor along with a generator. They are fast and convenient and have become the best competitors for conventional fuel-based cars.
Here is more information about electric cars.
How to choose the best electric car?
When choosing the best electric cars, you need to consider the following factors:
- Check in advance where to buy them. Yes, choosing the right showroom is very important if you want the best car. You will have more options when you visit the right electric cars showroom.
- The charging capacity is another important feature that you should check. Most of the cars will last from six to ten hours, but it totally depends on the technology that has been used in the car.
- The distance it can travel with the battery capacity is another factor to consider and make sure that you choose the one that meets your needs.
- Check for the warranty of the car. All the electric drive components and the motor of the electric cars will be covered in the warranty. You will usually get five to eight years of warranty for it.
What are the benefits of buying an electric car?
- Electric cars are cheaper than conventional fuel-based cars. You can plug in at any point in the country and you will still find their charging price is less than your fuel price, whether it is petrol or diesel.
- The emissions from the electric vehicle are less when compared to the fuel-based cars and it has been found to be more environmentally friendly than the fuel-based cars.
- You will be able to enjoy a better and smooth driving experience than the other types of cars in the market.
- These cars are convenient to charge. Usually, you need to find the best and the cheapest fuel station in order to fill-in fuel for your vehicle. But when it is an electric vehicle, you can charge it happily at home without any worries.
Is fuel-based car better or an electric car?
- Making the choice between an electric car and a conventional fuel-based car is a little tricky. This will depend on how you are going to use your car.
- When you are buying a fuel-based car, then two important things need to be considered. They are the servicing and the refueling of the car.
- This is definitely not an exemption for the electric cars, but the servicing is less compared to the fuel-based cars because there will be less number of moving parts in an electric car. Charging can be done even at home.
- If you are still unable to decide which can be the right choice, then it is good to go for a hybrid car, which is a combination of both an electric and a fuel-based car. You will be able to use it as per convenience and your requirements.
Is an electric car the right choice for you?
- This is a typical question asked by many people who want to go for an electric car.
- If you have an easy access to charging points in your city then an electric car is definitely a good choice.
- If you think of this as a budget option and you have another vehicle for long journeys, then you can opt for an electric car.
- For short and less usage, an electric car is a good choice and a perfect choice for those who want to go green.
What are the 10 best electric cars to buy in the country?
The best electric cars in the country are:
- BMW i3
- Nissan LEAF
- Ford Fusion Energi
- Chevrolet Volt
- Toyota Prius Prime
- Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid
- Tesla Model X
- Tesla Model 3
- Chevrolet Bolt EV
- Tesla Model S