4 useful queries to help you select the perfect refrigerator
Buying a suitable refrigerator is essential to ensure that food you want to store remains fresh and edible. There are a variety of refrigerators available in the market with different styles and capacities: there are top freezers, bottom freezers, side-by-side door refrigerators available in the market. Popular manufacturers such as Whirlpool, LG, Frigidaire, and Samsung refrigerators are now incorporating a lot of sleek and stylish features.
With so many options available, here are a few queries that will help you decide which type of refrigerator is best for you.
What are the different types of refrigerators available in the market?
- Top freezer – The most conventionally-designed refrigerator, these have a lot of storage space and can easily fit in anywhere. These are usually 30-33 inches wide and have a capacity of having a capacity of nearly 22 cubic feet.
- Bottom freezer – These are 30-36 inches wide and have a capacity of approximately 30 cubic feet. These have less usable space compared to top freezer refrigerator. These have storage shelves at eye level and the freezer at the bottom level.
- French door – Similar to the bottom freezer-type, these have the freezer at the bottom level. There are two narrow doors on top. There can be one or more drawers between the freezer and the doors. The width of these refrigerators is between 30 to 36 inches, and their capacity can be up to 30 cubic feet. Newer models have incorporated indoor water/ice dispenser in their design.
- Side-by-side – This type of refrigerators has the freezer on one side and the fridge on the other. These have built-in through-the-door ice and water dispensers and temperature-controlled bins. Their widths can range from 32 to 36 inches, and they have a capacity of nearly 30 cubic feet.
- Built-in – These have ample of counters and cabinets and are available in side-by-side and bottom-freezer types. These are more than 36 inches wide and have a capacity of 25 cubic feet. These can have optional front panels that match the overall décor of the kitchen.
- Compact or mini – The capacity of these refrigerators is a quarter of the regular ones. These compact-sized refrigerators are suitable office, kitchenette, or a dorm room. These are good for storing beverages or snacks for a short while.
Which are the popular brands of refrigerators?
- Some of the popular brands are Haier, Electrolux, Panasonic, Godrej, Whirlpool, and Samsung refrigerators.
- Some affordable refrigerators include Samsung refrigerators such as the models with 17.6 cubic feet Top Freezer, 18 cubic feet Capacity Top Freezer Refrigerator with FlexZone, and 21 cubic feet Top-Freezer Refrigerator with FlexZone and Automatic Ice Maker.
- Apart from Samsung refrigerators, another popular brand of affordable refrigerators is Frigidaire with models such as the 13.8 cubic feet Upright 30″ All Freezer with Frost Free Operation, 18 cubic feet Top Mount Refrigerator with Store-More Gallon Door Shelf and Clear Dairy Bin, and 16.6 cubic feet Upright 34″ All Freezer with ArticLock Thicker Walls.
What is the price range of different refrigerators?
- Most top freezer refrigerators have a price range between $500 and $800.
- Bottom freezer refrigerators are priced between $750 and $1500.
- Side-by-side freezers cost around $750 to $1000. The price may increase with additional capacity and features.
- French door refrigerators are some of the high-end refrigerators. Their price range is between $1500 to $3000. You may also find these at a lower price from some manufacturers.
- Compact or mini fridges can cost around $100 to $500 depending on the features and capacity.
Based on what factors should you buy a refrigerator for your home?
- Dimensions – Measure the space where you will keep your refrigerator. Take into account the space that will be required to open the doors and the space that will be required for the air to circulate. While shopping for a refrigerator, look at the models with width, height, and depth that will fit into the space you have.
- The direction of the door – Depending on the space you have and the arrangement of kitchen cabinets and other appliances in your house, you might want the door of the refrigerator to open in a specific direction. This will give a hassle-free access.
- Style – Since there are so many styles of refrigerators available in the market, pick a model that would be suitable for your requirements and convenience.