Which is the four-legged creature that comes wagging its tail vigorously toward you when you come home from work and tells you that it missed you while smothering you with drooling kisses? No guesses here; that would be your beloved canine, but for some people, it could also be their cats.
Dogs are sprightly creatures, and we often wonder if their only purpose of being put on Earth is to fill our lives with joy. However, in order for them to maintain such energy levels, you need to ensure that your dog gets the best of everything; it gets healthy and nutritious food, and enough activity to ensure that it doesn’t become obese. Though your dog might follow you to the kitchen hoping to get a bite from the batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies you just baked, giving in to those sad puppy eyes will do more harm than good to your dog.
Human food doesn’t make for the best dog food. So, instead, go to the nearest pet store and look for the best-canned or dry dog food that will appease your dog’s taste buds. Here are some of the most common questions that pet owners ponder on while choosing the right dog food.
Which are the top natural dog food brands?
- There are plenty of dog food brands flooding the market, and choosing the right one can be a difficult task. All dog food brands consist of chicken or other meat, gluten, corn, animal fat, vegetable oil, and other ingredients.
- However, most dogs are allergic to gluten and food dyes that are used in regular dry or canned dog foods and such allergies can be life-threatening in certain cases.
- To prevent such occurrences, it is advisable to switch to top natural dog food brands. Organix Organic Canned Adult Dog Food, Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food, Rachel Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Dog Food, and Merrick Grain Free Recipe Dry Dog Food are amongst the top 10 natural dog food brands.
How does one choose the right dog food?
- Even if you brought the best-canned dog food or one of the best premium dog food, if it doesn’t appease your dog’s taste buds, your dog won’t eat it.
- Choosing the best dog food for your pet involves considering its age and breed. Dogs of different breeds have different health requirements. Your job becomes easier as premium dog food brands cater to different dog breeds. Moreover, you can check the premium dog food ratings as they serve as a reliable parameter for gauging the quality of the premium dog food.
- Another important factor to consider while choosing dog food is that it doesn’t contain harmful ingredients like by-products of corn and grains, food dyes, gluten, rendered fat, butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA), butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), ethoxyquin, and propylene glycol (PG).
- Once you find a near-perfect dog food, the final test is whether your dog likes it or not. If it turns its nose upwards and walks away from its dog dish, you better start looking for a different dog food brand.
Which are the best dog foods for puppies?
- Puppies have different health requirements as compared to adult dogs. This is why premium dog food brands have a separate line for puppies.
- The top ten dog food brands for puppies are Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Puppy Food, Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend Puppy Food, Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Healthy Development, Iams Proactive Health Puppy Food, Canidae Life Stages Large Breed Puppies, Royal Canine Puppy Development Food, Natural Balance Original Ultra Body Whole Body Health Wet Food, Merrick Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Wet Puppy Food, and Hill’s Science Diet Chicken & Barley Entrée for Puppies.
Which dog food brands are best suited for overweight dogs?
- Even dogs suffer from illnesses like diabetes, heart problems, blood pressure, and obesity. In fact, obesity is one of the most common health issues affecting dogs. An unhealthy diet or lack of physical activity can cause weight issues in dogs.
- In such cases, one should consider opting for the best-canned or dry dog foods meant especially for overweight dogs.
- The best dog food options for overweight dogs are Wellness CORE Natural Reduced Fat Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, Fromm Gold Dog Food Weight Management, Dr. Tim’s Premium All Natural Pet Food Metabolite Weight Management Dog Food Formula, Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Healthy Weight Dog Food, and Eagle Pack Natural Dry Reduced Fat Dog Food.
Tags- Tags- best canned dog food, best premium dog food, dog foods, 10 best dog foods, top ten best dry dog food, top 10 best dog food, dry dog food, natural dog food brands, premium dog food ratings